Ask a Dentist
Need answers to questions about your oral health?
There are benefits and drawbacks to many dental procedures. Ask and you shall receive personal advice on products, techniques, and procedures. You can even receive tips on how to treat specific dental conditions.
Get started by searching to see if your question has already been answered. If it hasn't ask a new question here.
- i recently had 3 fillings done on the upper right side of my mouth. my bite hasn’t been right since. a lot of people have mentioned fillings that were too high, but what about fillings that are too low? my upper central incisors now come down much lower over the front of my lower central incisors then they were before. when i eat, the lower central incisors now grind up against the back of my upper central incisors. these teeth are sensitive now and are now sore when i wake up in the morning. i went back to the dentist a week ago to tell him my problem, but he didn’t seem to take it seriously. he ground down portions of my lower and upper central incisors, which made a bit of a difference and then sent me on my way. it’s still causing me slight discomfort. it feels like my upper teeth are coming down lower than they normally were. any thoughts on what’s causing this and any suggestions on how to proceed?
- i have a root canal thats gone bad at root of the tip. it has black area at tip of the root. but i do not have any pain for last 3 years as i take good care with all herbal gels, essential oils. do i have to do reroot canal or remove that tooth? i have xrays as well.
- My bottom lower gums on my left are all swollen and red. Specifically the second to last tooth has a few white patches/spots below it. I’m not sure what this is. Is it something to be alarmed about?
- after i got my braces off about 4 mothers ago, i had white spots. but the day i got the braces off, i noticed white flakes on my gums connected to the white spots on the teeth. i didn’t think much of it and just peeled them way, but about a week later, my teeth started to turn yellow around the spots. some where in the spots too. but i also noticed on one of my “fang” teeth, a part of a spot was wiggly. i also noticed that the white spots where elevated a bit and not level with the tooth. anyway, that spot that was wiggly flaked off, but the spot that was exposed now, didn’t hurt and wasn’t sensitive. in fact, it was then level with the tooth. a few more spots look like parts have flaked off, probably in my sleep, but all have turned a really nasty yellow. i’m not sure anymore if it’s tarter or white spots. the orthodontist didn’t help much and i can’t get in to see the dentist. please help! my teeth were supposed to be pretty after braces and now they just look disgusting. also, i took care of them pretty well when i had my braces on and i still do now. please help!!
- i had a crown lengthing done on tooth 19 one day ago. the tooth next to it has a crown on it and feels a little loose. is this normal?