Ask a Dentist
Need answers to questions about your oral health?
There are benefits and drawbacks to many dental procedures. Ask and you shall receive personal advice on products, techniques, and procedures. You can even receive tips on how to treat specific dental conditions.
Get started by searching to see if your question has already been answered. If it hasn't ask a new question here.
- i have one lower tooth is loose, my dentist ask me to remove but i am not happy to remove it. she advised it has no gum support. waht can i do?
- my 88 year old mother is having a partial plate for her 4 front teeth. must she have the old pivots or pins removed in her gums from the old 4 front teeth ? we are riding into a problem with her high blood pressure for the oral surgery procedure. during our wait at the dentist office her b/p went too high where they couldn’t perform the procedure. mom does have her temp partial plate
- hello! in less than three days i am scheduled to get a venire on one tooth and buildup on another tooth at my dentist. all teeth are healthy, no cavities, just gaps in the teeth that the buildup and venire can fix. my dentist said i should whiten my teeth before hand so my venire can be more white looking. i got fitted for a tray and was given opalescence gel. i have been whitening my teeth for about two weeks or so and three days ago i think i left the gel in the trays on for too long over night because once i got up and took them out my gums above one of my top incisors was inflamed and sore. throughout the day it spread towards my canine tooth. maybe gel got on my gums and made it that way? then the next day i noticed on the other side of the top of my mouth there was gum swelling around the top of one of my premolars now as well as the first tooth i was talking about. the gum swelling above the premolar is spreading now too. sore as well. i need to clear this inflammation of my gums in the next two days before i get my venire. my gums are red, inflamed, and sore. was it because i left my whitening on too long and gel got on my gums for too long? chemical burn? and if so, how do i treat it the fastest way possible?! thank you for any help!
- i brushed my teeth with baking soda and lemon juice and now my gums are hurting what do i do to resolve this?
- does medicare pay for braces if you have pain?