Ask a Dentist
Need answers to questions about your oral health?
There are benefits and drawbacks to many dental procedures. Ask and you shall receive personal advice on products, techniques, and procedures. You can even receive tips on how to treat specific dental conditions.
Get started by searching to see if your question has already been answered. If it hasn't ask a new question here.
- my lower partial is agonizingly painful to insert/remove. all of the missing teeth have been gone at least 6 months. is this normal
- I went to the dentist and I had dental cleaning. My insurance covered the cleaning. However after they told me it was necessary to have an antibacterial wash that would cost $75 placed on my gums. The dentist said if i did not have the wash it would be pointless to have the cleaning. She said it would be similar to just getting my teeth brushed. I feel like i was scammed for my money… My question is would an antibacterial wash be necessary after dental cleaning? It felt like only mouth wash was being placed over my gums…
- after full mouth reconstruction and a new upper partial, i can’t chew food. i have poor to no occlusion. only tooth that touches the tooth below firmly is #5. i eat healthy and can’t chew food like vegetables or oatmeal. salads are impossible. upper partial does not contact lowers. side to side movement does not function evenly or properly on both sides. i could give more examples, but out of respect for your time, i think this enough for your understanding. my prosthodontist gets short with me and doesn’t want to discuss it, let alone fix the bite. i don’t unerstand that attitude. it feels abusive, but why? this is a hard thing to live with and my diet and health has suffered. t need help in successfully addressing and resolving this issuse. been to two other dentists and once they find out why i’m there they shut off, clearly not wanting to get involved, won’t verify a problem nor help me in any way. i’m now of the opinion that any further search for help will only leave me with dentists who are more concerned with covering each others back than in helping me. i don’t understand that, i just want to have good dental function. i’ve got over $30,000.00 invested so far and this doesn’t seem like something i should have to accept considering the wonderful denistry this country has to offer.
- i am 53 years old and having severe pain on tooth#13 which has a crown already,i was told i need a root canal but i do not have insurance and am on a fixed income is it cheaper or better to get the tooth pulled?if i got the root canal done would i have to pay for another crown also to complete the job? just for your info i already pulled the tooth next to it so i already am missing one tooth on that side near the back top
- will a paste of ground cloves work for severe root pain