Ask a Dentist
Need answers to questions about your oral health?
There are benefits and drawbacks to many dental procedures. Ask and you shall receive personal advice on products, techniques, and procedures. You can even receive tips on how to treat specific dental conditions.
Get started by searching to see if your question has already been answered. If it hasn't ask a new question here.
- i had white fillings to the biting edges of six teeth as i had one chipped tooth (private treatment). however the dentist seems to have damaged some of the teeth and caused a couple of gaps that weren’t there before. also pain, discomfort and a salty taste in my mouth. a solicitor and the gdc are investigating but how can i find a dentist who will repair the damage, as i have been for several consultations and they don’t want to touch someone else’s poor work.
- last week, i felt a throbbing pain and my face started to swell. so i immediately went to the dentist, they left me a 1 week prescription of antibiotics (cephalexin), that was on saturday. it’s already a week, sunday. everything went back to normal, my cheeks and eyelids are now in normal size. but there is still a hard bump that i can feel right beside my nose that won’t dissappear. i know that it is still swelling because my left nostril is bigger than the right side.it is not noticeable unless you touch it. there are two dentists handling me that time. they had my tooth drained first before undergoing root canal. my other dentist felt it too. she touched the swollen part saying that “there is still a swollen part”. i don’t know why they haven’t given me another prescription or will this swell go down on its own? i will have an appointment on the next two days for root canal so any suggestions or advice before i talk to my dentists?
- I was eating a apple and a small part of the top of my tooth (aka wove gums) came off. Ihave no pain or sensitivity when eating or when I touched it. I brush, water pick, and mouth wash every day so I’m confused why this happened as it’s not like I don’t have good hygiene. Would my tooth need treatment and if so what would it be.
- Hi. I just want to know what does it mean when my dentist replaces the wire in my braces. Does it mean the procedure is getting faster? I have braces for 6 months now and during my visit one month ago my dentist replaced the wire on my upper teeth and when I visited today i.e. after a month, the wire on my upper teeth again got replaced. So thatâ€™s 2 times in a month. And it wasnâ€™t damaged or anything, just FYI.
- is it possible for a dentist to return my overbite to the way it was before braces I don’t like the way it looks now I no this is a stupid question but please help