Ask a Dentist
Need answers to questions about your oral health?
There are benefits and drawbacks to many dental procedures. Ask and you shall receive personal advice on products, techniques, and procedures. You can even receive tips on how to treat specific dental conditions.
Get started by searching to see if your question has already been answered. If it hasn't ask a new question here.
- my baby tooth never fell out, so my adult tooth was growing above it and it’s on the gums. what will i do?
- I had an old amalgam filling that was falling apart; half of it fell out a couple months ago; so I went to the dentist and got an appointment for a new filling (composite resin), and after the filling was done, I went home and found out that the dentist did half the tooth only and left the other half with the old amalgam there. Is this an acceptable practice or was it just poorly done? Thank you in advance.
- i had root tips pulled on monday and a filling. i have another be pulled 2 root canals and several fillings left to do. it took 9 shots to get me numb enough to do the work. i was giving 16 lortab 5mg afterwards then next day my whole mouth hurt, i’ve had four children naturally! i have a high tolerance for pain. but the pain i felt in my mouth brought me to tears. my husband called and they gave me 4 norco 10mg to take every 4 to 6 hours. well today is thursday and my mouth is still hurting. i can’t even pin point which tooth is hurting. i was so desperate for relief i have rinsed with listerine. and used anbasol, which has just made my gums feel raw in places and i think given me a dry socket. i don’t know what to do. i don’t want to call and ask for more pain meds but i am in tears when i don’t have any meds….even with the norco 10mg after 2.5 hrs i could start feeling it again. my next appointment isn’t even until 2-22 because they wanted me to heal. i need advice please
- My crown on molar fall off and dentist made new crown. This new crown fall off again. So, I think there is no enough attachment of crown to remaining tooth. The length of my remaining molar tooth is about half of the original one. Is it possible to make strong attachment of crown with this remaining molar tooth if I try for third time?
- What would be the reason for a developing open bite? I am 20, never had an open bite, and this has been effecting my speech for a couple months now. Will braces be able to fix this or is surgery the only option for open bites.