Ask a Dentist
Need answers to questions about your oral health?
There are benefits and drawbacks to many dental procedures. Ask and you shall receive personal advice on products, techniques, and procedures. You can even receive tips on how to treat specific dental conditions.
Get started by searching to see if your question has already been answered. If it hasn't ask a new question here.
- about 2 years ago i started to have pain whenever i bit into something on the left side of my mouth. i had a crown put in about 20 years ago on that side, but otherwise my teeth have been perfect other than a few small cavities. my dentist couldn’t find anything wrong with my teeth. now in addition to the pain, i am experiencing severe sensitivity on that side of my mouth. the pain is almost unbearable when i chew or eat/drink something cold. could this be the tooth going bad under the crown?
- So recently I had went to the dentist for my yearly check up and it appeared I had gingivitis, i’m a 15-year-old girl with braces currently, getting them off soon though luckily! But one of my bottom teeth have started to give me some pain and I don’t know if it’s from the gingivitis or just something else entirely, it does seem like the gum has receded a bit and the root of the tooth is more exposed so for the pain I went in and they checked around the tooth with a tool to try to see where the pain was and it’s not in unbearable pain but it’s just a bit bothersome so they decided to put some gel coating over it that would ease the pain, they thought it was root sensitivity but the pain is still there so I’m not really sure what to do.
- i got my bottom wisdom tooth removed in my early 20s. now, i am 29, have a cavity in the upper wisdom tooth. they recommend having it removed but im really worried as the tooth seems to have come down or grown larger than my back molars? also, they said my roots may be in my sinus cavity? i do have the xray if i can send it? do i need to be worried about complications? im just worried because the tooth has fallen down some, how deep the roots are and my age. thank you!
- hello i’m curious about being a dentist and i have one simple question is it ok to have a tattoo sleeve on my left arm cuz i want to get one and they do have long sleeve tee shirts so i’m just curious on my behalf i don’t want to mess up my future thank you
- I have a small gray spot in the inside of my cheek about the size of a a pencil eraser. It doesn’t hurt or feel rough. I have had it about a year. Oral surgeon said it looked fine but I am worried it’s cancer.