Ask a Dentist
Need answers to questions about your oral health?
There are benefits and drawbacks to many dental procedures. Ask and you shall receive personal advice on products, techniques, and procedures. You can even receive tips on how to treat specific dental conditions.
Get started by searching to see if your question has already been answered. If it hasn't ask a new question here.
- i have a hole in my tooth and i have never seen a dentist because my mum cant find one. what should i do?
- I have an upper partial (back teeth on each side) which hooks onto the molar behind the eye tooth on each side. The tight fit is perfect. I always take it out at night, clean it, and soak it overnight. Recently one of the molars lost its large filling and also the side of the tooth cracked up past the root line. A dentist said the tooth has to be extracted, and also I would have to have a new partial. There is no pain at all in the tooth. I cannot afford the procedures prescribed. For two weeks I have used the temporary over-the-counter filling replacement in the empty tooth (have to reapply every few days), which keeps food out of the tooth. The cracked side of the tooth is held firmly in place by the partial, so I have not taken the partial out at night. I brush morning and night and floss the other teeth. Question: Am I harming my gums which are under the partial by leaving the partial in all the time?
- Can someone elaborate on this issue I am having with “tooth” or whatever is stuck between my 4th and 6th tooth. http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee482/Witestrike/rl1_zpsd6aook7n.png http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee482/Witestrike/rl_zpsnrsmtqko.png My permament 5th tooth on the lower jaw was taken out hoping for the new one to come out, then my outcome is on this image. I’ve visited many doctors, but none is sure if it is either bone or a tooth. I need to put braces on my lower jaw so I need to get rid of this somehow. Can someone suggest if I should take it out by surgery or what is the risk in case it is a bone. Thanks.
- I had tooth pain, then numbness and was diagnosed with an abscess. I had a root canal but he was unable to drain the abscess, though the pain stopped after the procedure and the swelling has greatly reduced. I’m on my second round of antibiotic and am still having numbness. My fever is gone, my pain is gone and it appears that most swelling is gone. Should I be worried that the infection is still there? It’s been 10 days.
- I am a 68 year old man with upper dentures. I want to replace #28 with a cantilever bridge attached to #’s 29