Ask a Dentist
Need answers to questions about your oral health?
There are benefits and drawbacks to many dental procedures. Ask and you shall receive personal advice on products, techniques, and procedures. You can even receive tips on how to treat specific dental conditions.
Get started by searching to see if your question has already been answered. If it hasn't ask a new question here.
- I had an old tooth filling replaced by a new filling. A few days after, either the tooth with the procedure (very back bottom molar) or the tooth next to it was extremely sensitive when I would bite down, with food, on it. It would send a shockwave of pain through my lower right jaw. A week after then happened the pain changed to a dull ache which can be minimized with ibuprofen but the ache is always there and tends to get very bad (with ibuprofen) when I laydown to sleep. I went back to my dentist who looked at it (x-ray) and said it must be a little trauma, or the tooth dying. She said it will either abscess or the pain will go away, which she then gave me a referral to an Endodontist (gee thanks Dr…I had an old okay filling and replaced it for a painful new filling). It’s been two weeks since then and the aching is slowing getting worse (like a 3-5 on the 1 to 10 pain scale). Should I get another opinion or have an Endodontist look at the tooth. I feel as if my current dentist isn’t too concerned. Thank you. Signed Sleepy and Achy
- hi i have a stainless steal crown on a baby tooth that i had done when i was eight. there is no tooth underneath. im 44 now and its starting to feel weird my last check up said there was hardly any roots left. my question is if it fell out would there be a massive hole or as the roots disolve does the gum grow up. many thanks justine
- i have dentures for 6 yeara now. my gum started to hurt yesterday and while looking today it appears to have a whole in it with what looks to be yellow in the middle. its very sore i cant get into my dentisit until tuesday. what should i do?
- i recently had my wisdom teeth out, all four, this past thursday. it is thursday again now, so it has been exactly a week. the top two have closed up and are doing fine, however the bottom two are still open, they were both impacted. i recently went back to the dentist due to a bad smell and taste in my mouth and it turns out it was from food being stuck inside the gums. so they were cleaned out and i was sent home with a dental pick to continue cleaning them. however, they both still ooze this yellow disgusting tasting liquid. even though i use the pick and the salt water solution after every meal and even during the day. and whenever i use the pick it really hurts. could this be an infection i should consult my dentist about once again or leave it be and pass it off as normal?
- I’m terrified of the dentist – what can to reduce anxiety so I can go and get my sore tooth looked at?