Ask a Dentist
Need answers to questions about your oral health?
There are benefits and drawbacks to many dental procedures. Ask and you shall receive personal advice on products, techniques, and procedures. You can even receive tips on how to treat specific dental conditions.
Get started by searching to see if your question has already been answered. If it hasn't ask a new question here.
- i have a jaw tooth , the last one.. that has had a very large filling and the dentist has been wanting me to get a crown for several years…now i have decay at the gumline and i don’t know if he can still do a crown… how does a person know when the tooth can no longer be savedn
- replacing a bridge because one of the anchor teeth is cracked and needs to be pulled. that will give me a new bigger bridge. they took the impression of my teeth and are going to remove the old bridge and put a temporary in its place. why wouldnt they just make the final bridge and put that in?
- i have a large cavity between the 15th and 16th upper posteriors, i am waiting for an appointment in 7 days time. it has just started hurting and hurts a fair amount when i eat. what can i do to treat it in the mean time while waiting for my appointment to help the pain?
- I got my braces off a little over a year ago, but I’ve had trouble with the gap between my front two teeth reopening. I went back to the orthodontist, and they put a permanent retainer behind them. However, there’s still a space. Is there anything else I can do? I got braces to fix my gaps and it’s disappointing that I still feel unhappy because of this issue that a paid a lot of money to fix.
- I’ve had a broken #18 tooth for over a year and a half now that has decayed and had has had an infection but I’ve kept the infection at bay cause I haven’t been able to afford til now. The roots go in different directions so I was told I would need an oral surgeon. I’m fine with but honestly I don’t want any nitros or amnesia style drugs to do the procedure. I just recently had a root canal and they just numbed me up real well and im wondering…. can they just numb up my mouth like they did a root canal?