Ask a Dentist
Need answers to questions about your oral health?
There are benefits and drawbacks to many dental procedures. Ask and you shall receive personal advice on products, techniques, and procedures. You can even receive tips on how to treat specific dental conditions.
Get started by searching to see if your question has already been answered. If it hasn't ask a new question here.
- I’ve repaired twice two fully erupted wisdom teeth on my lower jaw due to cavities. Now they have cavities again. There is little space to brush and the gum has a gap so food gets stuck. The roots are close to the nerve and the ends of roots are like a hook. Surgeon suggested extraction. I am afraid of nerve damage as the roots sit on the nerve. He said ct scan is not necessary and the extraction should be easy. How likely is it to get nerve damage in case of fully erupted wisdom teeth removal?
- my dentist said that i have gaps between teeth that are too wide and should be fixed by replacing fillings on the neighboring teeth. is that a medical necessity, or a cosmetic issue?
- dentist wants to pull decayed molar. about a quarter to a half of it is gone. need a second opinion on whether or not tooth can be saved with a root canal.
- I’ve had bad allergies for the past month and I typically breath through my mouth when I sleep and I’ve noticed that the roof of my mouth is white. No real pain. No blood. A little itchy every once in awhile. And a small bump that doesn’t change in size but has seemed to go away and come back over the past few years. Any time I do research everything says mouth cancer! My health insurance does not cover dental and I’m 22 trying to get on my feet so I don’t have a lot of spare money
- I lost my upper front left tooth a couple of years ago. Now the teeth beside them have drifted and made that area smaller. If i get an implant right now, my right tooth will look way bigger than the left one. How do i fix this problem? Will braces help open that area up more?